Saturday, February 09, 2008

"Free Radio" a Hit with Me

One of the things that I look for in watching a television program is weather or not I could relate to the situation or subject matter. "The Office" had such a cult following that some people either knew about the pop culture or maybe even lived in a small town like Scranton, PA. I gave it a chance, but I just didn't appreciate the nuances of the show.

Flipping around the digital cable, I found a show called "Free Radio". It is a show that was created from the comedy minds of Lance Krall and Rory Rosegarten. Lance plays a bumbling inept intern who is thrust into the spotlight of KBOM morning drive radio after the regular host Rip Rebel defects to satellite. He then goes on to sandbag guests because he is inexperienced and the true gem of the show is watching the real celebrities squirm. And through the miracle of modern technology, you can watch the opening segment of the show.

This is going to be a really great show that I will certainly will want to watch as the storyline evolves as Lance becomes a hit personality and how he interacts with his foil Anna Vocino. I think it is a real slice of life that some broadcasters have to put up with.

Check it out on the web or check with your local listings for VH-1.

No comments: