Monday, September 12, 2005

NHL, XM Become Partners for Next Decade

Well, I'm glad that I didn't impulsively buy the Sirius Radio when I did, because after reading this news, I guess I'll be joining up with XM next year when I have even more money to afford.

The NHL announced a great deal that they have come to terms with XM Satellite Radio to be the exclusive satellite broadcasters for the next 10 years. The contract is set to net the NHL $100,000,000(US).

There is also in the works a satellite channel dedicated to hockey 24/7 for the XM network.

According to a FAN 590 radio interview, NHL Pres. Bettman has stated that they have also extended their agreement with Satellite Radio Canada so that hockey fans there can enjoy the same broadcasts that Americans do.
[Yahoo! Sports & Radio & Records]

No comments: