Friday, August 30, 2002

Michael's Second Broadcast Debut

Write this date down in history!!! Michael Fedor has made his broadcast debut tonight as he jumped at the opportunity to do the color commentating for WBLF 970 AM. I got to call the Bellefonte Red Raiders against the Pens Valley Rams. It was a good rivalry game as Bellefonte is the next town over to the east of Penn State.

During the first half.. the home team cheerleaders came up and asked what refreshments we wanted. Later, I got in to thank them on the air and said this... "Let me tell you something Dave, those girls had stars in their eyes..." Of course following along,... they said that it was probably because they had been wearing glitter make-up!

The next best thing is that I was taking notes during the whole game, kinda like a makeshift box score. I got to re-read it all at the end. The other two guys that I was broadcasting with were really impressed with the initiative that I showed.

All-in-all, the Bellefonte team won big 22-0... and I begin a long and illustrious career in radio!

No comments: